as Console Wars, Hardcore PS3 gamers, Innovative Game Console, Motion controller, PS3 Move, Xbox 360 Kinect
In the year 2010, there was a lot of speculation between Sony Playstation 3′s “Move” and Microsoft XBox 360′s “Kinect”. The question was “Which console had the superior motion controller technology?” Through personal experience and research, there are some significant differences and similarities that will help answer this question. At the end of the day, it is a matter of personal preference.
Pros/Cons of PS3 Move
The PS3 uses the move combined with the Eye Toy to enhance gameplay. Playstation 3 has a spot on motion detector, which registers incredible accuracy to your motion. In fact, a lot say it’s more precise than Wii. It’s very smooth and has little delay. PS3′s technology such as eight different processors and a great graphics card, allows for this type of advanced motion detection to occur. The Six Axis technology also helps with detecting motion. It’s less expensive than Kinect’s motion controller coming in at $30 for a base price, and a little more for add-ons. It’s more realistic, and it’s a one for one kind of experience.
Many compare the format to the Wii and consider it a direct copy because of the way the controller looks (i.e., the wand and the add on that looks like Wii’s nunchuck). There are no solid titles out right now that can properly demonstrate Move’s technology, so Kinect has a big advantage right now in that department. Also, many claim that it’s too traditional and does not offer any creativity towards elevating motion controller technology.
Pros/Cons of XBox Kinect
A big advantage that XBox has going for its motion detection is no controller. All the motion is detected by natural body movements. A unique feature it has over the Move is it has voice recognition. Just imagine saying “Hello” to your XBox and it responds back or turns on without you clicking any buttons. You can scroll through different menus on the screen by simply moving your hand back and forth. It offers innovation to developers, and limitless possibilities.
A lot argue that all of Kinect’s claims will go for naught if they do not work with its future games. So far all of the little mini games have worked, but is this really a gimmick in disguise? A lot of the games compatible with the Kinect coming out are made for little kids and not really the hardcore gamers. The functionality may also pose a problem, because it’s still a work in progress kind of innovation. There are bound to be quirks or glitches that could be detrimental in the long term. Many wonder how long will the Kinect last against the hardcore gamer base of PS3 move.
It’s clear to see that PS3 Move and Xbox Kinect are two very different motion controllers with two very different objectives. Playstation 3 Move is trying to give that realistic feel to its hardcore gamers with future title like Socom 4, Killzone 4, etc. Xbox Kinect is trying to give its users more innovation with its voice recognition in games like Kinectables. Like I said before, it’s pretty much all a matter of preference. Are you more of a casual/innovation based gamer, or a practical/hardcore based gamer? The choice is yours.
I personally love the PS3, though. LOL.
- Droid not displaying company name – droid is only displaying 17 contacts? a lot are missing | Daily News Update
- “sony playstation” – VUDU 2.0 interface is live on the PlayStation 3 | Daily News Update
- Kinect vs. Move vs. Wii: A Motion Gaming Buyer’s Guide | Xooger.com
- Webpagecoders » HTML And Flash Sites – Pros And Cons
- Pros And Cons For Lasik Along With IntraLase | Nutrition Tips
- “PS3 Move” vs “Xbox 360 Kinect”,Which do you prefer? | iGoldenBridge
- Should I get PS3 Move or Xbox Kinect? Or should I just keep my Wii? | EpicFailGamer
- Blogging Innovation » Innovation and Humor
- HYDROX HARDCORE – Lose 25 Pounds a Month! The Top Rated Fat Burner Weight Loss Diet Pill | Weight Loss Tips and Tricks
- Top 10 Games I want motion controls for! – The UrbanWire
- North Korea’s Breakcore Guerrillas: The Pyongyang Hardcore Resistance |
- Pros And Cons Of Vegetarian Diet Delivery Plans
- Game Review: The Fight (Lights Out) (PS3 Move) « About Writing – The Personal Blog of Pace J Miller
- Flying buttresses, an architectural innovation, served what purpose? | Best Laptop Computer
- xbox 360 led controller mod tutorial | xbox 360 game video clip directory
- Xbox 360 4GB Slim Unboxing & Hardware Tour| Booredatwork | xbox 360 game video clip directory
- Pros and Cons of Pre-paid Tuition | Articles Directory – Submit Articles Free
- Xperia Play – The official name for the Playstation Phone? | Xperia X10 Blog
- LIVESTRONG – Innovation [HD] | VISO Central
- Designing Games for Motion Control « The Urban Shogun
- Get Your Playstation 2 Controller to Be Still Useful and Activate on Playstation 3 | Recovery Files
- Motion for Summary Judgement Filed in New Jersey Case | Snowflakes in Hell
- Final Fantasy XIII Debuts On Xbox 360 With Less Than 22,579 Units Sold // Siliconera
- Romanian Govt. survives no confidence motion with no MPs casting votes after man injured in Parliament
- Rapstar Coming with Kinect for Xbox 360
in Random Stuff
as 1960's guitars, Acoustic Guitar, Gibson guitar logo, Gibson SG Special, Guitar and Amplifier Reviews, Les Paul Gibson, Rock music guitar
Check out Guitar and Amplifier Reviews for a great article on the Gibson SG Special! The Gibson SG Special is a basic looking and unadorned guitar. A great thing about this guitar is it has a few minor tweaks with the look, but the sound is rawer. It definitely gives the guitar a little bit more edge and funk to the sound. What separates from other well known guitars like a Les Paul per se is the solid mahogany body and double cutaway design. This is definitely the guitar for people that don’t want all the fancy embellishments, but want to get straight down to business. The minimal sound and just that raw, unapologetic feel makes you have more of a personal/soulful feel with the guitar. The design is simple featuring a neck that is unbound rosewood, no decoration other than a silk screen Gibson logo. For more information on this Gibson SG Special, check out Guitar and Amplifier Reviews.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio Electric Guitar | Zebra Music
- CCR – Bad Moon Rising – Easy Beginner Song – Acoustic Guitar Lesson | Web Ink
- DVD: Eric Clapton: The 1960′s Review – Short and Sweet NYC
- Guitar Rock Tour 2 HD n8 c7 Symbian3 games download | S60v5.Us Free S60v5 Downloads
- Rock and Roll All Nite With The Three-Song KISS-Mas Track Pack Available Now for the Guitar Hero Music Library | Rockpedia.info
- Learning To Play An Acoustic Guitar | L'attirail
- Which Colour Epiphone Les Paul Special II Guitar Should I Get? | The Gibson Les Paul Electric Guitar Blog
- Acoustic Guitar How To Tune | Anthony Hall Acoustic Guitars
- Guitar and Amplifier Reviews | Ant Hodges | Social Media Consultant
- Learn About Various Guitar Music Styles, Including; Rock, Country, Blues and Christian Music. | 9to6 Blog
- Free Music player filled with guitar jams «
- Gibson SG Special Faded Test.mp4 –Left Handed Gibson SG
- Apply Guitar Amps – Features To Look For And Concepts To Take Into Account When Getting A Follow Amp | For My Guide Reviews & Tips
- Sex Sells: Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom « Yeac :: Your Number 1 Geek Out Spot!
- Ampeg M12 Tube Guitar Amp 1960′s | Used Guitar Amps
- Crate Gx212 Guitar Amp, Amplifier | Used Guitar Amps
- What Acoustic Guitar Is Best For This Music Genre?
- The Tanooki » Johnny Cash debuts in Rock Band library next week
- Gibson Eric Clapton “Beano” 1960 Les Paul Unveiled
- Guitar Rock Tour 2 HD for Nokia N8,C7,E7 Symbian^3 | sPeEdYtOwN
- Top 15 Acoustic Guitar Players | Play Guitar Easy
- Marty Schwartz Gibson les Paul custom electric guitar review | Play Guitar Easy
- Gibson SG Special Faded
- 1960′s Kay 507 Twin Ten Vintage Guitar Amp | 1960′s Vintage Amps | MyRareGuitars.com
- 1960′s Vintage Rickenbacker Tr7 Guitar Music Amplifier | Musical Instrument Amplifiers
in Random Stuff
as Gamehouse Bejeweled 3, Mortal Kombat Christmas Party, Mortal Kombat Fighting Ed Boon, Mortal Kombat Parody, Pre-Order Mortal Kombat PS3
Man, I forgot about these little Mortal Kombat parodies! I shoulda posted this on Christmas!! LOL. At any rate, it’s still the holidays. And this ish is still funny!! Peep it!! As for Mortal Kombat, def gotta check out that new debut for the Playstation 3. Check out Mortal Kombat 9.
- idelca.net – automotive blog » Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
- Gamerss » Mortal Kombat Standard and Special Editions Now Available for Pre-Order
- Epic Beard Man: Mortal Kombat Parody | Epic Beard Man – Thomas Bruso
- Ponting wants to stay on as Australian captain | Current News World Web Source for News and Information
- Exclusive Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds Special holiday trailer!!! | Playstation 3 game console review
- VGAs 2010: Max interviews Mortal Kombat’s Ed Boon | Playstation 3 game console review
- Mortal Kombat (2011) « Ouja Strike's Blogs
- Most Wanted Games of 2011 | IGXPRO :: Your Gaming Headquarters
- Mortal Kombat Goes Back To Its Roots? « Gametitan
- New Mortal Kombat Trailer Gives Us A Hint Of Kratos [Warner Bros. Releases A New Trailer That Includes Kratos, Ed Boon Sounds Off On Fatalities] // GadgetZonia
- GameHouse Collection Portable | Internet Source
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC Announce Mortal Kombat Will Include Kratos as a Playable Character Exclusively on PlayStation® 3 » Young man Blog
- Warner Bros. and Sony Announce Mortal Kombat Character Exclusively on PS3 — THE Tech Scoop
- Mortal Kombat Due Out April 2011 | Gaming News and Opinion at TheSixthAxis.com
- That VideoGame Blog » Mortal Kombat gets Kratos details, SEs, pre-order fatalities
- Photo from photo walk at shootmeplease.net
- Bejeweled 3 — A Diamond in the Rough No Longer | Shh Mom!
- Mortal Kombat – Kollector’s Edition and Tournament Edition Revealed | PS3 Attitude
- New Mortal Kombat has more depth Mortal Kombat game returns in 2011 | mortal guide
- Mortal Kombat Mishaps – MK Parody | General News | Lazygamer .:: Console and PC Gaming News ::.
- PopCap Games Launches Bejeweled 3 | Info&Insights
- Funny Parody on ‘Shoes at Bush’ – Bush Has Mortal Kombat Reflexes Pictures, Funny Parody on ‘Shoes at Bush’ – Bush Has Mortal Kombat Reflexes Photos, Images of Daily Pictures, Photos
- Ed Boon Confirms Two Fatalities Per Character In New Mortal Kombat | Hot Blooded Gaming
- Beatles Parody Shirt Takes On Mortal Kombat Names | Hot Blooded Gaming
- Mortal Kombat: Mike Russow vs Todd Duffee